Thursday, March 27, 2014

What is a "Vision Board"

Vision Board 2010


Definition of Vision Board 

A vision board is a simple yet powerful visualization tool that activates the universal law of attraction to begin manifesting your dreams into reality. A vision board is simply a visual representation or collage of the things that you want to have, be, or do in your life. It consists of a poster or foam board with cut-out pictures, drawings and/or writing on it of the things that you want in your life or the things that you want to become. The purpose of a vision board is to activate the law of attraction to begin to pull things from your external environment that will enable you to realize your dream. By selecting pictures and writing that charges your emotions with feelings of passion, you will begin to manifest those things into your life.

I am sharing with you my "Vision Board" that I created in October of 2010. I had just come back from a month long journey to California from Maine. My life was a mess and I really needed to find myself. I suffered from Agoraphobia for most of my life and for many years my life consisted of a 7-mile radius. Although the journey has been long, today I find myself the person I always dreamed of being. After leaving California I went back home to Maine and thought about what I wanted for my future. I knew that California was the place I felt most spiritual and wanted to go back to. My daughter was still in college and I didn't feel right about leaving her at that time. Then in her Junior year of college she became pregnant with my beautiful granddaughter Jaclyn Jane. Again, I was compelled to stay and wondered if my dream of California would ever come to fruition. My vision board consisted of dreams for the future and as you can see, the State of California was on my Vision Board. I also posted my favorite poem, The Invitation by Oriah Mountain Dreamer. The first time I heard it my life changed. The paragraph, "I want to know if you can be alone with yourself and if you truly like the company you keep in the empty moments," really made me think about my life and if I could truly like my own company. I also posted my book on the bestseller list and of course, financial stability and my dream home on the beach in California. 

Three years after I created this "Vision Board" my daughter, fiance and granddaughter made the decision to move to Oregon so that my daughter could attend Graduate School. I knew then if was time for me to follow my dreams. I am happy to say that I am living in Southern California. I made the move in October of 2013. I sold everything I owned and moved in with a generous friend of mine. That vision came true. I have also gone to the beach where my dream home resides numerous times. I no longer live my life in a bubble. I have traveled to more places in a month than most of my life. I enjoy my own company in the empty moments. My daughter and family are thriving! My book is in the works and Life Warriors is finally becoming what I dreamed it to be. My life is better than it has ever been!

I challenge you to create your own "Vision Board" and start creating the life of your dreams. 

Namaste my "Warriors"
~Heidi Martin St. Jean
Life Warrior




No comments:

Post a Comment